Meandering Thoughts

Meandering Thoughts
Summer

Monday, October 7, 2024

Time Has Come

This year, 2020, I am finally making progress on my idea of compiling all of my blogs into a manuscript.  Eventually, it will be printed and bound.  I'm not sure who really cares, but my need to leave something behind that another might want to read, seems to be driving me.

This has become a major, almost overwhelming project.  I have been trying for two years to get this off the ground and this is the year it will be done.

In doing this I have figured out how save and transfer each blog to my computer, correct the fonts, move paragraphs and then save into a PDF so it can later be transferred to a publisher/printer.

I currently have experimented with a couple online publishing companies.  In doing this I have created three other books already in 2020.  So at this point I have published two "coffee table" books.  They contain 100 photos each, one of my paintings and one of my gourds.  I am very happy with them and feel they are a good compilation of work I have done in the last twenty years.  It is very satisfying to realize how much artwork I have created and it really only touches a small amount the work coming from the Wild Gourd Studio.

The other book was an experiment of publishing online and content is from some of my blogs on horses and other animals on our farm.  It is wonderful, but many things I will correct for the manuscript I am working on now.  The title of this little soft cover book, with twenty five stories is, TRUE HORSE STORIES and other stories from the farm.  





No comments:

Post a Comment