Meandering Thoughts

Meandering Thoughts
Summer

Monday, October 7, 2024

MEMORIES

     This morning, I cleaned around the old computer area.  Oh, the things I found.....  So many notes and papers that may or may not be important today.  I bag for recycled papers, a pile for "keep" and another pile for "find another home".  

     Then it happened, I found the bundles of maps and agendas for our trips out west.  I had thought I might make some photo books from all the beautiful pictures I have stored in my computer and phone.  Of course, I never made time to follow through on that project.  I suddenly realized the books are no longer important.  Who cares about them?  Only me now, I have lost the only other person I could have shared those memories with.  I am the only person to care and to carry those memories.  It is a hard reality when I have to be seventy-five years to find that our experiences are only ours to carry, no one else can understand those memories or even care beyond the polite acknowledgement of your momentary mention of your remembrance.  

     I did save my journal notes, I'm not sure why.  I will probably never read them and basically, they were the daily notes of the miles ridden, towns we stayed, the parks we visited and maybe a good place to eat.  I might actually read them at some point and then throw them away.  Oh well, that's another day.

     I will dry my tears and try to find happiness knowing I have had wonderful memories with a wonderful man, I will relish the sunshine and cooler temperatures.  I will enjoy the happiness my little dogs, Fen and Millie, give to me.





     


No comments:

Post a Comment