Meandering Thoughts

Meandering Thoughts
Summer

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Once In A Blue Moon



It is December 31st, 2009, New Years Eve and the night of the Blue Moon.  A Blue Moon is not really the color of the moon, it means this is the second full moon in the same month.  It happens only once in a blue moon.  The last time it happened on New Years Eve was nineteen years ago.  The last blue moon we had was in 2007.

I've heard the saying "once in a blue moon" all my life and I suppose I didn't really understand until my adult life what it means.  So I was thinking about things that happen in my life, things that only happen "once in a blue moon".  

Once in a blue moon.........
     my husband may bring home flowers for me.

     I might pull weeds in the flower beds.

     I might step foot inside a mall.

     I might worry about what someone thinks about the crazy gourd lady.

     I think it might be time to clean a closet.

     I might get the Christmas things down before the end of January.

     I might remember some one's birthday before it has passed.

     I might listen to something other than Native American Flute music.

     I might go to bed before midnight.

     I might consider the possibility that I don't know everything.  (my husband would appreciate this one)

     I might start supper before my husband is hungry.

   
I'm sure there are a million other possibilities for my list, but I might actually get off the computer and head to the studio before 10 AM today.  That too would be a "once in a blue moon" thing! 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment