Meandering Thoughts

Meandering Thoughts
Summer

Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010

Well Christmas 2010 is just a memory now.  It was filled with so much activity, shopping, cleaning, cooking, bagging and tagging.  I made lists and checked and rechecked, afraid that I might forget someone or something.  Somehow it all came together and became filled with the magic of family memories and good fun.  Our grand children were so delightful, filled with smiles and wonder.  My girls were so helpful throughout the day.  The men helped moving chairs and tables before and after the meal.  It always amazes me how easily it all happens when everyone helps.  I can't believe it is over so soon..........
The month of December was filled with so much activity, that the quiet I find this morning, is a blessing.  I can put the lists aside, we can eat the leftovers and I can watch the birds at the feeders again.  It is nice to just sit and enjoy my morning coffee and knowing I don't have to rush around. 

At the same time, I'm feeling antsy.  I want to go to the studio.  As a gift, I received a new gourd book for Christmas, Weaving on Gourds, by Marianne Barnes.  I also got some tools to try a new technique on gourds.  The tools come from Miriam Joy Gourd Creations, she does very inspiring gourd designs I can't wait to try.  I had dreams in the night of new gourd projects just waiting for me to design. 

It feels so good going to the studio, it makes my heart happy.  I turn on some music, flute music, of course.  I light some sage and say some quite prayers, again I will say my heart is happy.  This space is filled with all the things that allow my creative energy to become inspired and mystical things can happen.  I spent hours working on little ornamental gourds, it was restful and quiet.  What more could I want after all the excitement of Christmas activity? 


Photos:  top left, Tatum Reichert
               middle, Aidan and Kellen Reichert and Cait and Lizzy McDonald
               bottom left, McKinley Reichert      Our Grand Children.

No comments:

Post a Comment