Meandering Thoughts

Meandering Thoughts
Summer

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Recovery January 10th, 2012

I am now five weeks out from bi-lateral knee replacement surgery.  I am happy it seems to be going so fast, goodness knows where December went.  I am going to therapy three times a week.  I don't like it and yet I know it is necessary.  I just want to be past all of this painful stretching and get on with my life!

I have found that the comfy lounge chair is not as comfortable as it was only a week ago.  I hate sitting...........   I want to do something!  My endurance is better, I find myself up longer at a time and I am walking with a cane.  Although my Physical Therapist took it away from me yesterday!  My balance is still a little bit of a challenge, it did show me that I don't need it all the time.  So I guess I am making progress.

I have managed to get in and out of the waterbed.  My greatest joy is sleeping in the waterbed again.  It ranks right up there with my first shower after surgery.  Sleeping in the waterbed was a bit of a challenge, four pillows for me, two for Richard and our little dog all in the waterbed with Richard and I was a problem.  So Richard has taken to sleeping in the double bed they moved to the living room for me.  We are both getting better sleep now. 

Wonderful Husband washing windows
This morning I decided I needed to make some daily goals, my need to accomplish something useful!  Now I am not sure this is something everyone would find necessary to do while recovering from two knee replacements.  I just had to get the windows washed outside!!!!   This was something I wanted to do before surgery and I ran out of time.  Today I gathered up my paper towels, the window cleaner and my window washer tool for the high windows.  I stumbled my way around the front of the house and began washing windows!  Richard was afraid to leave before I finished so I managed to get him to wash the windows with the most growth around them.  He wasn't happy, he doesn't do windows.  As with everything during my recovery at home, he did it for me and hardly complained at all.  He has gone above and beyond for me and I am so grateful.  He wins Husband of the Year!!!!

Now what my future goals for each day remain to be seen.  I will have to discover them as I move about the house.  I know the studio is on my list and I think a ride in the gator around the fields is calling me today.  It is rare to have such warmth and sunshine in January and I know I must get out to enjoy it!  This is all part of my recovery, it fills my spirit with joy and that is part of healing too. 

Blessings to all who have sent prayers and good wishes.  I am filled with gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment