Meandering Thoughts

Meandering Thoughts
Summer

Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Search Brings Miracles

One of my favorite quotes by Albert Einstein;  There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as though everything is a miracle.

I prefer to live as though everything is a miracle, I am finding the truth in this quote!


Me and Brian '52....


 A few weeks ago I began a search of my ancestors.  The search has taken many twists and turns, dead ends, u-turns and it has been filled with an abundance of names and dates.  My head was swimming with every name and sometimes overwhelming me.  Of course many of my discoveries are unverified and that will take so much more time.  I don't know if this will become my biggest obsession, goodness knows I hardly have time for the ones I have already! 


 Without going into details just now, I will say my most wonderful discoveries have not been with long gone ancestors, it comes with the living.   I have discovered cousins that I didn't know existed, I have found three brothers I've have never before known.  I have family that has been hidden from me for unknown reasons.  I am amazed by the discoveries and most certainly delighted.


Me and Brian '56.....
In a matter of a couple of weeks I have talked to cousins that I have lived all my life within 15 miles of.  Our paths may have crossed many times and we never had a clue.  I have had phone conversations with them and they were as shocked by the knowledge as I have been.  I am happy to report all the conversations have been warmly received.
The most exciting discovery was finding my other brothers.  I have been blessed to connect with one brother and his lovely wife.  It has been like Christmas, opening up presents that have reveled the most wonderful gifts, my heart is so happy.  The first phone call was more than I could have ever dreamed.  It is a miracle at this time in my life, I suddenly have a much bigger family than I could have every expected. 

Why my parents held on to their secrets is unknown to me.  Things that happened long ago may forever remain a mystery.  Some of those mystery's will be acknowledged to us, questions may be answered and reunions will come.   It is all unfolding with new found friendships and family.  My search has brought miracles to my life, it is not so much about the past, it's about the future too.

No comments:

Post a Comment