Meandering Thoughts

Meandering Thoughts
Summer

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hallelujah!


Coffee isn't helping, I can't seem to get started on anything.  I think I'm still recovering from the International Native American Flute Association convention. I think this must be what a "hangover" must be like, without any pain.  Just the feeling of being disconnected, fuzzy, out of focus in this other world.  I seem to only want to play flutes, I want to talk to my flute friends and see how they are recovering.  It seems I'm not alone in my need to stay connected to the convention.  I have read accounts on Facebook of the inability to get focused.  It helped yesterday to mow the yard, grounded me a little, I thought I might be making the transformation back, until this morning.

I slept in today, the dogs didn't seem to mind that I'm being so lazy, they are so happy I'm back home again.  While thinking about getting up, I realize that I still have a particular song running over and over in my mind.  It's as if the song is imprinted somewhere in my brain.  The song is Hallelujah from the new Randy Granger CD,  Pura Vida.  This song just keeps "looping" through my mind, I don't know why..... I do love the song, the entire CD is wonderful, it's just this song I keep hearing.  Again, I am back at the convention, listening to Randy perform, his voice is so beautiful.  I guess I should be happy he is singing to me still, I will stop worrying about why this is happening and consider it a blessing!

Last night my grand daughters came to visit.  I showed them my new MOYO drum, ohhh, did we have fun playing around with that sweet little drum!  I knew they would love it!  Then I took out my flute to accompany the little drum in the key of D, what sweet music we made.   Then their mother took them home and I have no one to play with again............. 

I need to snap out of this!  My phone rings, it is one of my flute family tribe calling.   She reminds me that the Sunwatch Flute Gathering in Dayton, Ohio is only a month away!  Woohoo!  We'll all be together again!  I can't wait to see my dear friends again!  Going for more coffee!  Leaving the flutes for awhile and going to the studio!  Maybe I should do an ART JOURNAL page about the INAFA convention.   I can put on some new Cd's and let my mind wander, burn some sage and be grateful for another day to celebrate living this very moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment