Meandering Thoughts

Meandering Thoughts
Summer

Friday, August 20, 2010

Self Discovery

This morning I am sitting with coffee and thinking about conversations and encounters I have had in recent weeks.  I have tried to write down my dreams, ponder their meaning and I often wonder if there is a message in them.  I always have more questions than answers and often ask for help from the angels, guides and our Creator.  I think many of my answers come instantly and instinctively and very often, in talking with my friends.  I believe that  people come into my life for a reason, helping me along the way to grow, discover and learn another perspective perhaps.  I also believe that things are shown to me, if I don't get it the first time, it could mean I just wasn't ready.  By the second or third time it is shown to me, I will have this "Ahaaa" moment!  I love when that happens!

I have discovered many teachers on my journey through this life.  I'm not talking about classroom teachers.  Self-discovery has come throughout the life experiences with everyday friends as my teachers.   I often wonder why certain people are immediate friends and others just don't seem to click.   I marvel at how our paths crossed at that one moment to make a forever impact.  It is times like this that I feel I've known someone forever and maybe we've only just met.  I love finding those people in my life, I find it most interesting that they come to me just when I am ready for them.  Or maybe they came once before and I wasn't ready, only to have them return, at that perfect moment.   Just when I am ready for what they bring to my life and hopefully I bring into theirs.  Weaving this web, it is always connecting with people who help make the web bigger and stronger.  Recently, at a retreat, it was discussed how we are all in our own circle, our circle touches several other circles and those circles touch other circles.  What we do in our circle effects all those other circles as it ripples outward.  Fascinating to think about, don't you think?

I like thinking about the people in my life, I wonder if they know how important they are to me?  I wonder if I am making an impact on someones journey.  Do I make a difference to someone else in this world?  Isn't that what it's all about........... making a difference?  We can all make that difference to someone, your spouse, your family, a child, an elder, someone you pass on the sidewalk.  My self discovery is being open to the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment