Meandering Thoughts

Meandering Thoughts
Summer

Friday, October 8, 2010

Gourds, Gourds, Gourds

It is October and all I can think about is gourds!   I went to the Ohio Gourd Show a couple of weeks ago and purchased many new gourds.  I love theses events, there are so many gourds and so little time!  I filled my car with sizes and shapes I use for my gourd artwork.

It is October and I really have started thinking about my WILD GOURD STUDIO OPEN HOUSE too.  I now have a month to finish decorating gourds, I am trying to make the inventory number of 2,000 numbered gourds in ten years of numbering.  I have really done many more than that, I just don't number the gourd ornaments, Santa's or snowmen, necklaces and such.  The last number I put on a gourd before coming in the house last night was 1,989!

It is October and I really have to be working on my post card mailing for the Open House.  You wouldn't think this would be so difficult, but it is time consuming.  I use sticky labels for the date, November 12,13 & 14th, 2010.  I also use a label to announce my guest, Billy Crowbeak, a wonderful flutemaker and musician.  He will have amazing flutes at the open house and be entertaining with music all three days.  There will also be a drawing for a gourd and I will also have some specially selected gourds at treasured prices. The third label is the address to my guests, there are over 600 names on this address list!

Now this may seem like a lot to do in a month.  It is only half of my plans for October!  I am also a special guest of Kathy Moulton for the Yellow Springs Artist Studio Tour.  She has invited me to display my gourds at her studio during the studio tour.  Kathy does the must wonderful 2D artwork about places around Yellow Springs, the images are animals instead people.  They are so wonderfully charming!  The event is in it's tenth year and held in Yellow Springs, Ohio.  Studios of artists around Yellow Springs are opened to the public for visiting!  How cool is that?   This is held on October 16 and 17, 2010.  Maybe I'll see you there!

I am also involved in the Village Artisans, Dare 2B Square show hanging in the lobby this month.  This is artwork of outside artists as well as members of the Village Artisans.  All the work is 12 x 12, in any medium and it is hanging in the lobby for sale.  Artist reception is on October 15th, between 6 & 9 PM.  The entire town is open late for this third Friday!

Now thinking about what happens after the WILD GOURD STUDIO OPEN HOUSE.  I will be doing a gourd class at my studio through "Getaways for Women" on November 20th.  If you might be interested the class is limited and you will need go to http://www.getawayforwomen.com/ for more information.

That isn't all I'm planning before I can call the season finished.  I am also doing an art show in Eureka Springs, AR over Thanksgiving weekend!  It is called, ARTS EUREKA FALL ART SHOW and is held the 27th and 28th of November.

OMG, did you get all of that?  Too much, my head is spinning and yet I am trying to stay focused.  Anyone want to come and clean my studio before the OPEN HOUSE? 


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Looks like you got some really great gourds to work on!

    ReplyDelete