Meandering Thoughts

Meandering Thoughts
Summer

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Intensity, Movement and Change


When I close my eyes, to sleep or just daydream, I often see colors.   These colors are not like what I find in my tubes of paint or my colored pens.  The pigmentation's I see are much more intense.  Sometimes the color I see is totally one single color, as I watch, it changes.  The other night when I closed my eyes in the darkness I could see a mosaic of turquoise that were irregular shapes like stones and surrounding each shape was a darker shade of turquoise that was not quite blue.  I wonder how I can see these colors with darkness surrounding me and my eyes closed.

Other times the colors will change as I watch them with my eyes closed.  A dark purple will come with a corner of it becoming lilac.  Eventually these colors merge and change into a rosy pink tone.  How does this happen?  I don't want to move or distract myself during these moments with the colors for fear of loosing them.  I often notice these brilliant colors move like a lava lamp, the background will be a beautiful green and the globs of moving color will be dark blue.

I have no answer for this magical moment of wonderful brilliant hues, is it my aura playing little games with me as I close my eyes?  Who do I ask about this world  of brilliance behind my eyes?  I suppose it doesn't really matter that can see these colors, I have been able to do it for a long time and I don't think it is harmful.  I look at it as more of a gift, a beautiful gift of intensity, movement and change.  I suppose I would describe my life as these things, are my eyes open or closed?

No comments:

Post a Comment