Meandering Thoughts

Meandering Thoughts
Summer

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Respect.............

I told myself not to sit down at the computer, knowing how much time gets lost reading my emails, checking out my friends on Facebook and reading my friends blogs............   I told myself I had other things to do, important things.  I've been gone most of the day.  When I go out, away from my little world, I try to run all my errands at the same time.  Today's list was long:  Updated my license tags on the car, take stuff to recycle, stop at the print shop to proof new work, go to art class.   After art class, stop at the printers again, proof finished changes.  Then the question is, do I wait another an hour or more for the work or make another trip tomorrow to pick up the finished greeting cards.  I chose to go home, I have things to do.   And then I stopped for just a moment at the computer and now I am writing a blog......

I wanted to write about how warm it has gotten, sixty one degrees on my way home, how wonderful it is to see the earth again. I would love to share my new spring sightings, the red-wing blackbirds are back, I also heard the Killdeer and there are green sprouts of sweet grass showing.  No, I cannot be excited about these things.   With the snow is mostly gone, now all I see is the trash along the roadsides.  I get so angry about this.  It is one of my biggest pet peeves.  Why are people so inconsiderate?  Why can't they take their trash home and dispose of it properly?  You've seen it, you know what I'm talking about, plastic bottles, cans, plastic bags, trash from the drive thru food place.  I don't know how people can do this to our beautiful countrysides. 

I remember once picking up trash on one of our back roads, when we turned around to walk back to our truck, there were new pieces of trash laying along the road.  Didn't your Mother and Father teach you not to litter?  Is this what you do to your own property?  Have you no respect?  What are you teaching your children?  It makes me very upset, it allows me to see something other than the beauty of our world.  It forces me to voice my irratation to anyone who will read this post.

I just don't know what else to say on the matter...........  Sure, I can go and pick it up and I certainly have, but it never makes a difference, people are still being rude and inconsiderate when they throw their trash out the window of their cars.  We don't need another law to try to enforce, we need to teach respect for the earth we live on to our children to make a difference.  Lets start now!

No comments:

Post a Comment